15 January 2013

Tone It Up Tuesday

 

Week 2 has come and gone and I'm still feeling great about the TIU challenge! There is so much variety
that its darn near impossible to get bored and bogged down with routine. Some examples this week
included a few runs at the gym, an impromptu basketball sesh with my homeboy D3, and a little
ODR skate on Sunday.


Highlight of my week in terms of training, would have to be the “Try It Thursday”
spin class I did with my bestie at her yoga studio on Crowfoot. A sweat date with a girlfriend is seriously
a friends with benefits kind of deal. She inspires me on so many levels and I cherish any time we get
together, so when it includes some killer cardio, and a healthy dinner date with our men afterward Im
in total bliss! That’s the beauty of getting your friends involved in a #LoveYourBody mindset too…a support system can bring out strengths in you that you didn’t even know existed.

This week, I have a couple more runs scheduled…gotta make my #100byVDay challenge! So far Im at
23.5 miles and counting! I also have a badminton double date night lined up and who knows what will
be tried for the next Try It Thursday shesh…guess you’ll just have to come back next week too see!



Let me know whats been keeping you motivated this week!! And speaking of skating, watch out for the crazy slippery ice out there, i crashed hard in the dark after work tonight which left me with more down time than i would have preferred this evening (although i did need it to type this post with one hand! The other is majorly swollen and bruised...FYI: Australian boots with zero grip are oblivious to the wrath of Canadian ice!)

Xo Tegs

No comments: