08 January 2013

Tone it up Tuesday!


Hey lovelies!
So Ive started a *few* new projects lately...there’s just something about a fresh new year that motivates me to take on new challenges! One of them is to be feeling fit and fab in 2013...along with the other 90% of the population who make a health related resolution! ;) Buuut, this one is more about loving your body and treating it great rather than counting or being concerned about numbers.
So I’ve joined the Tone It Up girls (Karena and Katrina) in the Love Your Body challenge that takes place from now until Valentine’s Day. Isn’t that the perfect gift you can give yourself, the satisfaction of knowing you are making yourself a priority! I love the motivation that the TIU girls give their team, its inspiring to be healthy when its 100% about being good to yourself. They are posting several workout schedules along the way...one is #100byVday in which we are attempting to run/climb/walk 100 miles by February 14th. So far I’ve run about 13 miles and I’m feeling great about it! They really encourage positivity in the community and I’d love to have all of you friends join with me...because after all, who is taking care of your one beautiful and perfect body if you aren’t? It’s amazing how your mentality can change when you invest time in yourself!

 
Of course it’s not always going to be easy, so here’s a little run down on how we’ve started out:
One the first day, Dave showed up to the gym without his shorts...oops! So I started on my miles whilst he drove home to grab them. As I stepped on the tread, I realized that I forgot my headphones. Now I don’t know about you, but I can seriously run 10x faster and longer if I have a good playlist! Maybe it goes back to my old days at the dance studio but I can take my mind off of the struggle if I’m distracted by some good loud jams! And with no distraction at all, it was a struggle! So I phoned Dave at home and asked him to grab me some ear buds. Well he came back at about 2.0 miles of my 2.2 mile goal for Day 1...and he was ready to start his workout! So, its not always going to be easy to get into the gym...we find that right before bed works for us...we go hard then head home to shower and crash! Ill post a few more Tone It Up Tuesdays along the way! Here's the link if your keen to check them out: http://toneitup.com 

Feel free to leave an inspiring comment about loving your body! I’m sure many of you are already making your health the utmost importance, but if you need a friend to say Let’s Do This Together...I'm your girl! Who's with me?


Xo Tegs

No comments: