22 January 2013

Time for another TIU Update!

Hard to believe that it’s time for another Tone It Up Tuesday report, that means we’re already half way
into the 6 week challenge! It just goes to show that if you keep on plugging along and doing your best
each day, that time will inevitably fly by, and before you know it, progress and change will start to take
form!

I had a bit of a rough go this week with my sad, sprained finger. It was starting look like a zombie digit,
but thankfully the color has returned to normal…and hopefully so will my fitness schedule this week.

As for last week, we filled it full of Friends with Benefits date nights! This is my new favorite thing. They
are seriously.the.best. Also known as sweat dates, we like to get fit and fab with our friends all while
socializing so the burn doesn’t sting so bad! Everything is just better when besties are involved! We kicked off the week with a badminton double date…man, I forgot how much fun it is whacking a little birdie around! I don’t think I’ve picked up a racquet since high school! I could hear my old gym teacher's tips in my head hahaha, she would be proud! Friday we tried something totally new, a Floor Hockey game. I was pumped when my work team told me that they were short a guy and a girl for the evening game…it was intense with a lot of sprints and rests. Dave looked like a kid in a candy store to be back at it again! Finally on Saturday we bundled up and braved the blistery cold for a skate on the ODR and I’m glad we did because it made the party afterwards seem all the more worth warming up with friends after!


So, even though I may not be sticking to the suggested Tone It Up workouts each day, I’ve been making
the effort to sweat (almost) everyday! I’m still working towards that #100byVDay challenge and at 32.8
miles, I’m going to have to make more of these gym dates the distance variety!

Xo,

Tegs

No comments: