26 October 2011

All the leaves are falling...




Yesterday was my last evening in Vancouver so I spent all night packing, squishing, pulling out and re-packing...I think I’ve stuffed the last of my Canadian goodies into the suitcases, which are now perfectly balanced out at 23kg each and both bursting at the seams! (I am now carrying two 2kg tubs of Peanut Butter and two big hummer bags of Jalapeno & Cheddar chips in my carry-on bag...the things I do for my fiancé! Haha I think he’s worth it!...update: apparently peanut butter is considered a liquid for airline purposes?!? It's now in the garbage bin, sad.)
My work in the dungeon is now done. It’s been 4 long weeks of mixing mud cakes, index testing, reading data, recording data, analyzing data...and the legacy I am leaving behind is a lab record for most tests completed in a single day. Yay me!? Bin and Juan took me out for sushi today to bid me farewell, it’s been great getting to know the guys in the lab! And a total bonus...I came out on top of the KCB office footy tipping competition for the Rugby World Cup after like 10 gruelling rounds of sports betting!! Yep, that's right folks, $350 bones richer #thankyouverymuch! We all know how much I love to follow Rugby in my spare time ;)
This post features the last weekend of my month long Canadian business trip...again, nothing to do with business and all to do with weekend fun! My lovely university friend, Brittany, flew in from Calgary for the weekend and we had a wonderful time drinking mocha lattes in Stanley Park and visiting the super cute animals that live in the aquarium there. 
















I still can’t get over how beautiful fall has been here in B.C. I totally lucked out with mostly all sunshiney days and some of the most vibrant fall colors I’ve ever seen. Every shade of red, yellow and green filled Stanley Park, definitely a time of year to cherish. I’ve been so blessed to have had special visits every weekend that I’ve been in the city, thank you thank you. It’s been a wonderful way to re-fill the friends/family love tank! I think the tank is overflowing at the moment and should last me well into our next 9 months in Oz.















































But for now I’m ready to get this 15 hour flight over and done with so that I can relax over a long weekend staycation in Byron Bay with my love! So long for now Canada, you’ve been good to me! See ya in 9 more months! Summer time here I come!
Xo Tegs

No comments: