18 July 2011

The birth of a mini photoblog!


Hello blogosphere!
After a recent scare -- ok that’s putting it mildly-- it was more like a panic stricken, lose all control, massive heart attack – over the weekend, I have been reminded of the significance of photographs and what they really mean to me. I’ve been using this old dog of a computer for about 3 years now and Dave and I always joke that it’s going to spontaneously combust any day now because we treat it like a heaping pile of junk sometimes. Neither one of us knows a thing about virus control or fire walls and so in the midst of mad button clicking, as I often do to get the pop-ups off my screen ASAP, I randomly clicked on a security warning, and in a flash deleted every single file I had on my computer!!! Gasp...is that even possible?? I can attest to that, that yes, unfortunately it is! And to make matters worse, I had an external hard drive sitting in my desk drawer and hadn’t bothered to back up my files since Christmas time – that was soo half a year ago! Yikes. I'll cut to the chase, the good news is that smarty pants IT guy at the office was able to recover my long lost files, aka photos, that so devotedly hold all of our cherished memories....thank goodness. But a lesson was learned in the flash that I lost it all, and that was just how much these pictures mean to me! They are the single documents that detail our every adventure... two lovebirds who have set out to see the world though their own eyes and dance in the streets where the stars are upside down, a half a world away. This precious time we have spent growing together in unfamiliar territory is a time to cherish (not to mention we are gonna need this evidence to look back on someday when we are old and grey and losing our marbles!) So in ode to all that was almost lost, I have decided to take up a little challenge to post a picture each day of the weekend as a mini photoblog project (minus when I will be heading out to site for field work – more on that to come!).
I have tried to create a new link above (next to 'Home'), called Wanderlust...a place to document our itching feet and hungry minds! For now the photos will be scattered between these posts on the main page until I learn how to separate them. I hope you enjoy coming along on more of our crazy rides.
Xo Tegs

1 comment:

Shelly said...

EEK I better do some back ups!!!