22 January 2012

It feels like home to me



Our gorgeous view this fine January evening!


The past six months have flown by in a whirlwind of fun and fury. When I finally sat down long enough to think about all of the travel I’ve done the past half a year, it finally became clear to me why I’ve felt so busy lately...since August 2011 I’ve logged the following air miles (for both work and our own adventures):


Old pic for good times sake!


1.       Brisbane to Cairns
2.       Cairns to Tabubil, PNG
3.       Tabubil to Cairns
4.       Cairns to Brisbane

5.       BNE to Sydney
6.       Sydney to Vancouver
7.       Vancouver to Sydney
8.       Sydney to Brisbane

9.       Brisbane to Sydney
10.   Sydney to Melbourne
11.   Melbourne to Brisbane

12.   Brisbane to Singapore
13.   Singapore to Phuket


14.   Phuket to Koh Samui
15.   Surat Thani to Bangkok
16.   Bangkok to Hanoi
17.   Hanoi to Kuala Lampur
18.   Kuala Lampur to Kuching
19.   Kuching to Singapore
20.   Singapore to Brisbane

21.   Brisbane to Prosperpine, Witsundays (Ok...not yet but departing on Jan 26!)
22.   Prosperpine to Brisbane



Wheew! Some trivial fun facts: (I cant deny my inner nerd the urge to crunch numbers!)

1. That’s a total of 22 Flights in 180 days, which averages to a flight every 8.2 Days.
2. Thats a grand total of 55,322 kms...which is equivalent to flying once around the world (40,074 kms is the distance around the equator according to Wikianswers) and then onwards from Brissy to Toronto!!


It makes me a wee bit exhausted just thinking about it...and while Dave & I are always so so very grateful for the opportunity to travel, it is always divine to be back in the comforts of home at the Regis. Having my sista here made it all the more reassuring that we are right where we need to be, just relaxing (after a fun GNO!) watching the sun set over the city we've fallen in love with.

xo Tegs



2 comments:

Shelly said...

I remember some comments about some numbers from my Aussie adventures long ago...You are the apple! Miss you xoo

Shelly said...

Have fun on you next adventure to the whitsundays